Saturday, December 17, 2011

How does freezing a bank account work?

Is it possible to freeze my BoA account so I won't be charged the monthly maintenance fee and still be able to unfreeze it after a couple of months?|||I used to work for Bank of America. You can't freeze your account in order to get out of paying a montly maintenance fee. I would call customer service and ask them to switch you to a better account, one where you don't incur any fees. I believe they still have MyAcess Checking, where you don't have any services charges as long as you have one direct deposit a month. If you change the kind of account you have, it won't change your account number or your card number or anything like that.|||doubtful





BofA's position will be that they are still doing the bookkeeping to track the account and its existence and thus should be paid.





Despite that I am a BofA shareholder -- suggest you change to a credit union -- lots cheaper or even free.








GL

No comments:

Post a Comment