Saturday, December 17, 2011

If my partner moves in will tax credits take into account that he pays maintenance to his ex?

I'd like my partner to move in with me but have to prepare financially. Currently I receive no child support from my ex, work full time and get tax credits. My partner also works full time and pays child support to his ex.


Will my tax credits drop by the full amount of his income or will they allow for the fact that he pays 拢500 a month to his ex?


I am very concerned that he may have to reduce the maintenance he pays to the minimum set down by the csa in order to give me enough to compensate for the loss of tax credits. I don't like the idea of his children losing out to mine but can't see my two going without so that I can live with the man I love.


I'm very confused!|||Have a look on here and see if it does, it`s a long time since i claimed it but i`m sure they will allow for the amount he pays out, how unfair would that be for you to lose out.


http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/life鈥?/a>


http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndB鈥?/a>|||His csa will change as he has to notify them of the change in circumstances .. they will include you in his assessment but not your children





As you will have more income coming into your house your tax credits will change





The csa is worked out using his income and he can not reduce the maintenance payments himself





any changes will be done via the csa and tax credits did not take into account the money my husband pays to the csa when they did my assessments





His housing costs will come down as you are not in seperate houses as will council tax as you will share that together





The best option is call them and explain the situation to the tax credit people





You will lose the single parents element on the tax credit and also your child benefit





If you love him you will work this out .. your children will not do without and at a best guess you will lose roughly 拢40 pw but he can always do overtime to make up the difference and your childcare costs will drop





Edit chris is right as harsh as it may sound but it is true .. the csa will reassess and only include you but it is a small amount of money .. your children will not be included in the assessment as they are not biologically his





Even when you have a biological child it is not a lot of money we got given 拢5 pw for our daughter





My husband has paid over 拢700.00 per month for the last 12 years and as tough as it has been for us (and believe me it has ) his payments changed by pennies





It is only now we have seen a change as we have a mortgage and the change was massive|||They will not drop his payments to his children, you will have to suffer.|||they will take it into account but not the full amount go see the CAB they will do a benefit calculation for you first.

No comments:

Post a Comment