Monday, December 12, 2011

Why does Yahoo not disclose when maintenance will affect your account? In Mail Beta (which Yahoo "pushes")

In Mail Beta (which Yahoo "pushes") I get error code: -7 Contacts XML server sync error in either IE7 or FireFox 2.0.0.6 Only when I went to Options, Mail Options, Contact Options (new window opens and it "reverts" to the "old" mail style) was there red text at the top of the page saying, "Yahoo! Address Book is performing routine maintenance to improve our service. During this time you cannot modify your address book. Please try again in 60 minutes." Stuff like this makes me want to switch to Google. Yahoo, show the public you care. How long has Beta been out? Make it official, clean it up, fix the bugs and roll it out. C'mon, give me a break...did you think I wanted to actually "use" my email account. I am telling you this frustrates people because you didn't disclose what was going to happen AND we have to "dig" to find answers. I guess I get what I paid for.|||Stop whining. If you can't stand the heat of beta software, switch back to the original version and wait for the prime time release of Yahoo Mail. Sheesh.|||I never had this happen to me when using Beta. I never heard this problem before.

No comments:

Post a Comment