Monday, December 12, 2011

I have a credit card w/ a monthly maintenance fee of $10.95, should i close this account after its paid off?

Close it. Thats $130 a year, which is way out of line.|||Yes!|||Pay it off quickly. Get another credit card without any monthly or annual fees. Close that account.





Your credit score will take a small hit but with a new card, your score will rebound quickly. Definitely not worth paying that monthly fee.|||Hell yes close it....that is over $131 a year, and you could easily get credit cards with NO fees! That's utterly ridiculous!|||Close it. Two credit cards is enough and anything over $100 per year is too high for a credit card (a few cards with special rewards or miles programs may be exceptions).|||I'd would consult with a class action attorney and sue there


pants off.|||close it today.|||I understand that you are having to pay the fee, but if this is the only type of credit card you can get right now and you can pay it I would keep it. Try maybe not putting so much on the card so then you only really have to pay the maintenance fee every month which you could do in full. I had to start out with two of these cards also but my plan is to not charge anything and just pay the fee. It has brought my score up 36 points in 3 months. When i get to an excellent rating I can then call them up and give them the choice to either remove the fee and keep me as a good customer or cancel the card and get a no fee one. If you cancel now and cannot get a no fee card, then you will have no type of credit account and will have to reapply and pay the initial fees again.|||Of course, you should never pay for a maintenance fee. They get enough of your money, and their terms are negotiable. Don't let them push you around.|||Well a good credit card company will not charge you a monthly maintenance fee because I have 4 credit cards and I don't get charge a maintenance fee for any of them. However, by canceling your credit card it does not really look good on your credit report. I mean it won't have a huge impact, but it will have an impact on your credit report|||Yes.





Do you know about all the other fees they are charging you.





Get your credit score up. Then you can get a no annual fee card. But keep it paid off each month

No comments:

Post a Comment